Because the road to . . .
Clever, cool and preternaturally lethal, Max Savoie is leader of a secretive shape-shifter clan, heir to a mobster’s legacy, and the love of New Orleans’ top cop . . . but he can’t remember any of them. The only way to recover his past, and his rightful place in the arms of the woman who risked all to save him, is to surrender to a mysterious visitor who could use him as a weapon against all he’d loved.
Happily-Ever-After . . .
After rescuing her mate from his ruthless captors in the North, hard-hitting Detective Charlotte Caissie is now painfully vulnerable—a stranger in his eyes . . . and in his bed. The key to his memories is locked in a tortuous past. To reclaim the strength of their passionate bond, Max must learn to trust her enough to face that darkness at her side before the threat it hides exposes the secret Cee Cee carries.
Is never smooth.
When an investigation into grisly deaths in an underground Shifter fight club points to more than just dangerous clan rivalries, Cee Cee enlists Max’s help to find a traitor in their midst while there’s still time to turn a deadly invading tide. But the cost of saving their treasured future may mean sacrificing his past. Especially when the enemy they pursue . . . might be Max, himself.
Listen to the Music
by Nancy Gideon
I’m a musical people (listening-wise, not playing-wise or singing-wise!). I can’t help it. When I’m riding in the car listening to my tunes and hear a song that makes me think of my WIP, my hero or my heroine, as soon as I get to the office or home, I jot down the title on a Post-It and clip it together with the others on my desk. Suddenly, I have a playlist. With each book, I have a soundtrack churning through my mind to serve as a setting or a mood, with lyrics that wail about my H/H’s relationship. Putting them together in an order that follows along with the rhythm of the story adds an extra dimension to the writing, and then the reading experience that I enjoy.
I’ve been collecting selections for REMEMBERED BY MOONLIGHT, the new release in my “BY MOONLIGHT” series, for a long time with the hope that I’d have the chance to bring my favorite couple, deliciously dangerous shape-shifter Max Savoie and his mate, NOPD detective Charlotte Caissie, back for another dance. Get ready to tango!
Okay, it may seem like an odd assortment at first, but there was a method to my madness, and here it is, the reason behind each song selection:
1. Hands of Times: The first time I heard this plaintive tune on a movie soundtrack, I just knew it was part of Max’s, too, as it speaks about loss, being unable to turn back time, and leaving those yesterday’s behind. In his case, waaaay behind.
2. My Immortal: Addresses Cee Cee’s heartache and longing for a presence that lingers, and the blank that’s left behind (Max, duh!). Even though he’s gone, he still has all of her.
3. A Picture of a Broken Heart: Love the bluesy feel of Robert Cray as he describes my gutsy heroine putting up a front to carry on like its business as usual while that loneliness she feels inside leaves clues behind. Makes me think of Max’s reaction when he sees the woman he doesn’t remember walking toward him with “her broken heart in her eyes.”
4. Feels Like Rain: No one masters the wailing essence of New Orleans like John Hiatt, especially when it’s a slow dance to an emotional guitar. This one, with its stormy weather rolling in, is all Max.
5. So Fine: The perfect infectious club tune for a swaggering, tattooed, rock ‘n roll prince to strut his stuff with our heroine. No one rocks out loud quite like Cale Terriot.
6. Stay With Me: This one is Max, adrift and alone, looking to make a connection. Even if it isn’t that love he’s supposed to feel with Cee Cee, it’s all he needs. A great R&B crooner.
7. Nothing Else Matters: Okay, my metal roots are showing. Dark and moody, these words define the lost relationship between the H/H, that trust they seek and always find in one another that makes them close even when apart.
8. Feels Like Home to Me: A good ole weeper with sentiments that echo Cee Cee’s need for love and security after the lonely life she’s led (and has now returned to). Max represents that home where she belongs.
9. Just Breathe: A perfect, uplifting tribute to the power of a life-long, lasting love after knowing only hurt and pain. And perfect for this couple.
10. By My Side: The song for Max and Cee Cee’s first dance and most memorable dance. These gently swaying sentiments speak of a love that grounds and is a saving grace. Especially for two lost and lonely souls. Sigh.
Listen and learn a little bit more about REMEMBERED BY MOONLIGHT.
I’m excited to have award-winning author Nancy Gideon here at the Back Fence today to promote the release of her latest paranormal romantic suspense. Reading this ninth book in her By Moonlight series reminded me once again of her many talents as a writer. I think you’ll agree when you read the book that this is one of her best stories yet.
REMEMBERED BY MOONLIGHT bursts from the pages of this book with the intensity of molten lava, weaving a fiery path of danger and death through the dark, fog-filled alleys and shadowy docks of New Orleans and into the secret Shifter clans that complicate the lives of shapeshifter Max Savoie and the woman who claims to be his mate. Only Max doesn’t remember her or the past that ties them together.
Charlotte (Cee Cee) Caissie, the tough-as-nails New Orleans cop whose extraordinary love for Max defies all the rules of law and order will do whatever it takes to recover Max’s stolen memory and restore the passionate love they once shared.
Every page in the book burns with the intensity of Gideon’s story-telling talents. Every plot twist has an unexpected turn leading to startling events. Every moment the two are together sizzles with sexual tension as they fight an unforeseen enemy in the quest to unlock Max’s past. . .and his memory. But Max and Cee Cee each have secrets that must be revealed before they reach the ultimate fulfillment of their love. Can their love survive the reality of their past?
This book is 5-star all the way! A Gideon masterpiece of thrilling romance and heart-stopping suspense that will take your breath away.
About Nancy Gideon
Website | Blog | Goodreads By Moonlight Group | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Google+ | Pinterest
Nancy Gideon is the author of over 55 novels ranging from Regencies, historicals and contemporary suspense to dark paranormal romance, with a couple of horror screenplays thrown into the mix. When not at the keyboard or working full time as a legal assistant in Southwest Michigan, she can be found feeding her addictions for Netflix and all things fur, feather and fin, enjoying Grammy time (usually watchingThe Avengers), and meeting new friends and readers through her GoodReads “Nancy Gideon by Moonlight” group. Her books can also be found under the pen names Dana Ransom, Rosalyn West and Lauren Giddings.