Thursday, June 14, 2012

What’s In A Blog?

Hey, y’all, glad to see you here. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what’s in a blog. You know, what makes a blog interesting and brings readers back time and time again – stuff like that. I wonder if a blog sells books. I know I have blogs that I follow as often as I can, blogs that I’d like to follow more than I do, blogs that I envy, blogs that fascinate and some that bore. You know what? I’m not sure why I follow the ones I do, but many of them have more than one writer, therefore the eclectic content keeps me coming back to discover “What’s next?” So tell me, folks, what do you like in a blog? I’d love to hear what appeals to you.

I’m planning to have more guest bloggers soon. To give you a hint of who’s coming to the back fence in July – one of her contemporary romance series is called FOOL’S GOLD and her initials are S.M. How ‘bout that, folks? We’re gonna kick up our boot heels here at the back fence this summer. I hope you’ll join us.

I’ve been compiling a list of ideas for future blogs, but I need your creative suggestions, too, so feel free to jump in and give me a few. Is blogging every week too much? I know there are thousands of blogs out there and no one can read them all. Who would want to? But I need to give this page a booster shot of energy and would welcome your comments.

This article is short, so I’ll leave you with an invitation to stop by the blog sites I’ve recommended here on my page. You’ll enjoy them, I promise.

Some days you’re the windshield, some days you’re the bug. I hope today is a windshield kind of day for you.

Until next time, keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart. It’s a great remedy for what ails you.


Loralee

5 comments:

  1. I like a blog that makes me think a little, laugh a little, maybe teaches me something. I like to read about situations I can identify with. Your blogs do all of the above.

    Blogging once a week is just right--for me as a blogger and as a reader. I can't keep up with the blogs that come out every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I'm happy my blog you some enjoyment. And I agree wholeheartedly about blogging only once a week. I couldn't possibly do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, obviously I need to review my reply before I hit Send. I'm happy my blog "gives" you some enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Loralee, I like to visit a blog and learn something or have some fun...and if you can combine them all the better :) Some days I'm shot at writing lessons all day long and I don't want to learn one more thing...so on those days I'm looking for a blog that can make me laugh or taking my mind off work.

    So, basically what I'm suggesting is VARIETY! lol

    Can't wait to see the changes...it'll be a fun ride. And you might not stick with every new idea you attempt for your blog, but at least your trying and you'll fall into that 'thing' that will stick :)

    HAPPY BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I agree, VARIETY is the key. It's too easy to fall into a "same old, same old" rut. Now, if I can just figure out how to add a few more hours in the day, I might climb out of that rut.
    Thanks for the great suggestions.

    ReplyDelete