Thursday, May 31, 2012

Short and Sweet

Lately I’ve noticed that time goes by so fast, I forget to keep up. Today is one of those times, folks. It’s Thursday and I haven’t written my blog. (and my Virtual Assistant is saying, “What’s new about that?”)

Seriously, I’ve written tons of blogs in my head – they just haven’t made it to the laptop keyboard yet. I’m blaming it on the fact that, as of yesterday, I’m another year older. Thirty-nine and holding! Yeah, me and Jack Benny. And when you stop laughing, I have a dilemma I’m hoping someone out there by my back fence can solve for me.

You see, I’ve been asked to put on an occasional story hour for kids at the RV park where we spend a lot of time in the summer. I’m happy to do it, but need a few recommendations for children’s books. This will be for the little ones, ages 3 to 5, on the weekends when the activities are geared toward the older kids. We want to make it fun for every age.

Given the influence of movies, television and computers today, do kids still like Berenstain Bears and Dr. Seuss? Cinderella? Fairy tales or adventures? I’m looking for fun stories that could be acted out in case I get really inspired. No videos will be taken.

I’d love for you to put on your thinking caps, Stetsons or Resistols, and help me out. Besides, it would make this blog look a lot better, too. You know, like I’d prepared it ahead of time and all.

What’s that you say? Why yes, I could go to the library, couldn’t I? What a great suggestion. Do you have any more?

Have a great day, y’all, and thanks for stopping by. Remember to be nice to your enemies. It messes with their minds.


LORALEE

3 comments:

  1. My grandchildren are that age (2 1/2 & almost 5). The Pigeon books are among their favs. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus is mine. LOL Great for theatrics. Kids still like Curious George. I'll send you a list. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love to have a list of books from you. And thanks for reminding me about Curious George. My kids loved that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is 3. He loves "I Am Small" by Emma Dodd "How Big is a Billion?" & "How Deep Is the Sea?" both of these by Anna Milbourne, "The Little Penguin" by A.J. Wood, "Copy Me, Copycub" by Richard Edwards, "Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear" or any of the Biscuit stories. I have some of our book reviews on my blog, Blessed x3 for some of these after we read the books my other son & I review them.

    ReplyDelete