Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Retreat From Harsh Reality

Have you ever wanted to retreat from the harsh reality of your present life just long enough to catch your breath, renew your spirits or just plain relax? If you’re like me the answer is a resounding YES!

Well, tomorrow I get to do just that – escape from harsh reality and hang out with some of the greatest friends I’m privileged to have, and quite probably, some I have yet to meet. How cool is that?

This Friday through Sunday, April 27-30, the Mid-Michigan Chapter of Romance Writers of America will host their annual Retreat From Harsh Reality at beautiful Yarrow Golf and Conference Resort in Augusta, Michigan.

A laid-back, jeans and sweatshirt type of weekend with fabulous NYT best-selling novelist, Eileen Dreyer, as our guest speaker, workshops for every level of writing needs and the opportunity for quiet writing time . . . what more could a writer ask? We’ll eat yummy food prepared by the excellent staff at Yarrow, indulge in chocolate of every kind, talk writing, get updates on industry news, share our ups and downs and celebrate our achievements with a champagne toast. And of course, Eileen will regale us with unforgettable stories of her world travels - and some that aren’t about her travels. : ) I know I’ll come back ready to face reality again and write better than ever.

How about you? What do you do to escape reality and renew your spirits? Keep this retreat in mind for next year!

And remember to be nice to your enemies. It messes with their mind!

See you next week right here at my back fence. Ya’ll come.

LORALEE

6 comments:

  1. Aw Loralee, I'm so jealous! I wish I could go to the weekend retreat...but fingers crossed that next year will be my year.

    Have an awesome time and please have an extra glass of champagne and another piece of decadent chocolate for me!

    Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Christine, I sure hope you will join us next year. You'll have the time of your life!

      Delete
  2. What am I doing to escape? Being with you! So looking forward to Retreat from Harsh Reality. Great people, great food, great setting. Best of all terrific guest speaker, Eileen Dreyer. What more could you ask for???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, so glad you'll be there. It is a grand event, isn't it? And Eileen. . .what an awesome speaker! See you there!

      Delete
  3. I'm packing right now! So looking forward to it.

    See you all soon. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Packing? I almost forgot that! Better get at it, huh?

    See you there, Annette!

    ReplyDelete