Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Thursday Thoughts



No, folks, today isn’t Thanksgiving, so don’t get in a dither and start shoving that turkey in the oven. But I won’t be blogging on Thanksgiving Day, in order to celebrate the holiday with family. This blog post will remain up for two weeks. I hope you will be enjoying Thanksgiving with your family and friends, too.

I wasn’t sure what topic to pick for today’s post. The usual “I’m thankful for...” would be expected, but I wanted my words today to be different. Meaningful. Not predictable. Something wise and inspiring. Yeah, I thought. Good luck with making that happen.

Folks, we all know that wouldn’t be the real me, right? I’m pretty predictable and normal. Not wise or inspiring. Just an average writer who thinks what she writes is never quite good enough, who believes in God and family. Who believes success isn’t a given, but comes from hard work and perseverance.

Life is not a free ride. The journey can be a long adventure or a too-short trip. We can choose the path we take, but we don’t get to choose the length of the ride. That’s why it’s important to make each day count. We go to bed each night fully expecting to wake up the next morning. That’s being optimistic, hopeful, having faith. And when we do wake up, we’re thankful.

I guess that’s what I’m most thankful for above everything else - waking up each morning to a new day, a new opportunity to make that day count for something. To share my day and my thoughts with those who matter in my life. To make someone happy with a kind word or a smile. I’m thankful to be able to do that.
 

So okay, this turned out to be one of those “I’m thankful for...” posts, after all. Kinda proves I’m ordinary, doesn’t it? I’m thankful for life...and you. That says it all. What about you? Wanna share your list of “thankfuls” here?

GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR BLESSINGS
TODAY AND EVERY DAY

See you back here in a couple of weeks. I’ll leave the gate open for y’all, but I can’t promise there’ll be any leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.

LORALEE

6 comments:

  1. Great post, Loralee. I disagree on one point. You are wise and inspiring. Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for each day. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Loralee! I'm thankful for my family, friends, and the blessing of being able to live my dream of becoming a writer. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Diane, thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind words. I hope your Thanksgiving is full of all the things that make you happy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, thanks for being such a faithful visitor here at the back fence. I'm thankful for supporters like you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Loralee! There is so much to be thankful for each and everyday! Of course all the normal ones as have been mentioned are the list toppers and obviously the most important..family, friends and all that we have including our health!

    But I'm also thankful for where I live and the opportunities I've been given. Even at times when you think nothing is going right, or you're filled with doubt...at the end of the day when you stand back...it's all good!

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your positive attitude, Christine. Every day is a gift to be thankful for. With Thanksgiving Day approaching, I need to stop and say thanks for the small things, as well as the big. I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with family, friends and good food.

    ReplyDelete