Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hey Y’all, I’m Back!

Last Thursday, my good friend and writing buddy, Nancy Gideon, went the extra mile by filling in for me here at the back fence. She blogged about friendships, critique partners, and the special sisterhood that grew from our writing group of eight. At a time when I needed more than writing support, a time when I needed a shoulder to lean on ‘cause my world was kinda´ shaky, Nancy had my back, unconditionally. The rest of my special sisterhood was there, too. I call them the Great Eight. Minus one - me. I want to thank my critique group for being there for me. Our sisterhood of eight is a beautiful thing. Check out Nancy’s blog for a photo of some of us.

Now hang on to your cowboy hats while I tell you and the world the exciting news Nancy hinted at in her blog. The news that has me bouncing off the walls. Drum roll, please...

I’m thrilled to announce another sale to Tell-Tale Publishing Group. HILL COUNTRY MAN, my second Texas Hill Country book is a contemporary romance. I’m pretty sure we’ll change the title later on. It’s just easier for me to write when I have a title of some kind. And I can’t wait to see what cover artist, Pat Lazarus, comes up with for this book.

Since readers have been so enthusiastic about ALL THAT MATTERS, my first Hill Country romance released in September, I hope they’ll fall in love with Sam Banner, hot-shot rodeo bronc rider turned small-town cop, and Maggie Oliver, the girl he lost to his best friend. Their story is all about choices - the good, the bad, and the forever kind.

More recent good news: For those of y’all who haven’t read my very first book, Harlequin is releasing an e-book version of my 2005 Special Edition, ACCIDENTAL HERO, on November 15. You can find it on Kindle and B&N. Hope y’all will check it out. 


 

So today I’m passing around the sweet tea and Mama’s pecan pie to celebrate the fact that I’m here chatting at the back fence again and the world is back where it belongs.

If you’ve ever had an experience that rattled your world, I’d love to hear about it. Or if you have a circle of friends you want to tell us about, I’d love to hear about that, too.

Until the next time, I’ll keep the gate open for you and the sweet tea cold.

14 comments:

  1. Awright! Can't wait for Sam and Maggie! Or for a hot new LazArt cover! Glad to see you back in the saddle, Tex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you know I've always loved Sam. I can't wait to read the rest of his story. Finally! It's Sam's turn to show his Texas sexiness to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news, Loralee. I've been a fan of your writing for years and I'm so glad others now are having the opportunity to meet your characters and enjoy your special voice. As for your support group, so glad they were there for you. Hope every day gets better and better for you.
    Maris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you turning out those stories, Loralee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey wait! It posted me before I got the whole comment composed. I was going to say hear ABOUT you turning out those stories. Just pass me a swig of that tea.

    All the best, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, Pat, Maris and Annette,
    Thanks to all of you for stopping by and commenting. Your support over the years means a lot and is the reason I'm still writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're back, Loralee. Congratulations on your latest sale. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Diane. I'm excited about the sale. The future looks rosy from where I'm standing. And I've been standing here a loooong time, waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the newest sale and on the reissue of your first book. It was such a good story and glad it will be available as an ebook. Aren't you glad you never gave up?
    Take care and hope things continue on the high road.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY...this is wonderful news Loralee! I can't wait to read Hill Country Man and until it's released my Nook is definitely looking forward to the Accidental hero! Love your writing so I know I'll get a good story.

    Congratulations...you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to read the next book, Loralee! Loved the first one! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, it was the support of you and others that kept me from giving up. Can't thank y'all enough.

    Christine, you always make me feel ten feet tall with your enthusiasm for my books. Thanks so much.

    Jennifer, thanks for stopping by. You are someone I can always count on for encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loralee,

    You made hangin' in there into an art form we could all take inspiration from. Congrats on the re-release of your first book and the new ones to come. I'm in the middle of Faith and Buddy Lee's story just now. And loving every minute of it. Keep 'em comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margo, I'm glad I stuck around to see your success, too. I don't know about the "inspiration" but I do know "stubborn". So glad you're enjoying Faith and Buddy Lee's story. It's a special one to me, so your words of praise mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete